Surrey Police save 20% on print services - GPS Case StudyBack
Surrey Police required a sole supplier to drive cashable savings for all of their print, storage and distribution services.
With a wide variety of products in their portfolio, it was essential to engage with a supplier who had the capability to produce all of the work in-house and provide an overall print service that was secure and reliable, from ordering through to delivery.
Through the Wider Public Sector Print Services framework (RM1687) Surrey Police did a further competition and appointed The Delga Group to manage all their print services including:
1. Catalogue items - compiling comprehensive price matrices for all of Surrey Police’s requirements, such as: Pricing is fixed for 12 months and enabling Surrey Police to forecast budgets accurately and have the reassurance that prices will not increase. It also makes it much easier for users across the police force to order print items, by ordering from the matrices.
2. Lower unit costs - identifying from the catalogue which items would benefit from being produced in bulk quantities, stored in stock and then ordered as required. This has achieved lower unit costs and faster delivery timescales. Cost efficiencies are also being passed back directly to Surrey Police by moving slower lines to a print-on-demand solution.
3. Multiple delivery locations - utilising Delga’s own transportation fleet to provide a fast delivery service to all police stations across Surrey.
4. Proactive stock management - proactive management of the optimum levels of stock and replenishment levels to ensure availability of items. Delga also manage the risk of obsolete stock as a result of forms needing to be reprinted due to legislative changes and bear the cost of any obsolete stock as a result of such changes.
5. Emergency incident response - by offering a stock storage facility for critical items, Delga is able to support Surrey Police should an emergency incident occur. The critically printed items that police officers require are available immediately from stock and can be delivered within hours of any incident.
6. Bespoke print management information - to allow analysis of usage and spend, a full suite of MI reports are available, including activity by each ordering location. Through Delga’s proactive account management team they work with Surrey Police to identify trends in usage and present opportunities for further savings.
7. Account management - a dedicated account management team works closely with Surrey Police, offering advice on all print related projects. All print goes through a strict quality control procedure to ensure it conforms to corporate guidelines and requirements.
8. Stock transition - Delga managed the transition and purchasing of stock from the incumbent supplier to ensure continuity of service.
9. Security cleared staff - all staff went through a security vetting procedure.
By leveraging their extensive specialist printing experience and capability, Delga will deliver 20% cashable savings, equating to £100,000 over the term of the contract, allowing Surrey Police to commit more resource to front line services
“Working with Delga has been a positive step forward in driving efficiencies through our printing requirements at Surrey Police with anticipated savings of 20%. Delga have been a valuable support in assisting us in reducing our ‘war on bureaucracy’ and suggesting cost effective ways of printing our books and forms."